Winter Haven, FL
About the Job
We are looking for a copywriter with a keen ability to research and become an “expert” regarding our clients’ businesses. You will often team up with design professionals as well as collaborate with other agency team members to create concepts and execute various campaigns.
This position will produce messaging for promotional emails, websites, social media posts, brochures, billboards, scripts, research documents, and other materials to support our client marketing efforts.
Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of a successful candidate.
- Responsible for generating original concepts, concise and compelling copy, and informative and relevant content, all with grammatical and material accuracy.
- Following input from the Creative Director, the copywriter sees work through to its production.
- Must also be able to work productively and harmoniously with designers who share the responsibility on the given assignment.
- Complies to quality standards as determined by best practices and client guidelines.
- Works to foster innovative solutions in regard to content-creation and copywriting
Keeps abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances that impact our work.
Skills & Experience
- Highly creative and imaginative, as well as curious about clients’ products or services.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise, and on-strategy copy.
- Able to research and identify key insights from a variety of topics and industries.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets, including the subtleties between B2B, B2C, and content.
- Able to see other people’s points of view and take critical feedback.
- Understand the fundamentals of layout/design and able to collaborate with design team.
- Fundamental grasp of website content SEO.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to self-manage projects and work within time deadlines.
- University degree in communications, advertising, marketing, English, creative writing or other applicable area.
- Mac-based environment; fluency in Microsoft Word is essential, with a high familiarity with Google Docs as well as a functioning understanding of Excel and Adobe InDesign. Broader software skills, such as HTML, are a plus.
- 2–3 years relevant experience, agency environment a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.