Digital Media Strategist
Winter Haven, FL
About the Job
As a Digital Media Strategist, you’ll serve as the internal subject matter expert for paid search and social advertising. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of your client’s digital advertising campaigns across a variety of platforms.
This position can be fully remote or hybrid depending on your proximity to our office. The majority of our team is in the office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and many employees choose to work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
No matter your location, we’ll expect you to manage your time and energy effectively, reliably follow through on your commitments, and continually grow and apply your skills for the benefit of your team and clients.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert and lead strategist on paid search advertising
- Build and manage paid digital campaigns across a variety of platforms for a handful of key clients
- Campaigns will include (but are not limited to); Search, Display, YouTube, Meta, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Analyze campaign performance, optimize campaigns, and troubleshoot problems
- Build reports for clients, explain campaign performance and translate technical details and advertising jargon for non-technical decision-makers
- Lead monthly reporting calls for your assigned clients
- Stay up-to-date on industry best practices, new ad units, and emerging platforms
Occasionally, you may also:
- Research and present ideas on how to leverage new platforms, ad types, or vendors
- Advise junior team members on building and optimizing their campaigns
- Develop targeting recommendations for new campaigns
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. What’s most important to us is that you share our agency’s core values and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You’re highly detail-oriented and enjoy quality control.
- When presented with a challenge, your first instinct is to dive in and aggressively self-educate to figure it out. You aren’t afraid to ask questions, but you don’t want handholding.
- You have the ability to challenge other’s ideas and have your own ideas challenged while maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with your peers
- You can manage your time and energy effectively to get things done, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- You enjoy collaborating with and learning from peers in other disciplines.
- You’re a relentless self-educator who enjoys putting new ideas to the test in the real world.
STRONG CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of work experience managing paid search campaigns with annual account-wide budgets in excess of $200,000.
- In-depth experience with one or more of the following:
- Conversion rate optimization
- Analytics and measurement
- Search engine optimization
- Paid social advertising
- Youtube advertising
- Experience analyzing campaign performance, developing optimization recommendations, and troubleshooting problems
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of best practices for account and campaign structure, targeting, keyword and bidding strategies, and approaches to optimization.
- Experience speaking and presenting to clients
- Ability to effectively translate technical details and advertising jargon for decision-makers and non-practitioner audiences
- Understanding of Google Ads, Google Analytics, Meta Ads Manager, Social Media Platforms (beyond Meta products)
- Experience setting up conversion tracking across paid digital platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
BONUS POINTS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Agency experience
- Experience working in Google Tag Manager
- Experience working with DSPs
- Experience in higher education marketing, admissions, or enrollment management.
- Additional degree or certifications
Salary and Benefits
Benefits include fully paid healthcare, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, 401k (with company match), open vacation policy, cell phone, gym membership, high-end equipment, and a $200 check on your birthday (!) … not to mention competitive pay and top-notch co-workers.